Sunday, September 20, 2015

Still Waiting on the End

Kingdom Hearts is an action role-playing-game series that I have loved since the first installment came out back in 2002. It is a very unique game because it is essentially the product of a crossover between the Final Fantasy series and various Disney characters and stories. The only problem that I find with this series is that since the second main installment came out in 2006, the third main installment still has not received a release date! Granted the series has lived on through various mini installments on various handheld consoles (PSP, Nintendo DS and 3DS), no information on the next main installment was released until E3 2013. Although short the teaser trailer got me incredibly excited.
 I have always loved this game but as I got older I grew to appreciate its unique nature. It has many similar features to the Japanese RPG series Final Fantasy as it is made by the same company yet it's Japanese influences never overshadow the Disney stories that it retells throughout the various games. On top of that, the story is also unique and convoluted which is another thing that makes it great. It is not simply the main character invading Disney stories, it has its own plot and new characters that work in harmony with both Disney and Final Fantasy characters. The finale to the story that has been building up for over a decade now is only a couple years away at this point and I cannot wait to get my hands on the final game.

4 comments:

  1. ああ、そです。こんにちは!ビアスコです。にねんせいです。そして、ぼくのせんこうはぶつりがくです。

    I've had plenty of friends who love the Kingdom Hearts series, but I myself have never tried it. However, I still plan on doing so sometime (probably whenever I can start buying game systems again instead of just using my PC...). Anyway, which would you recommend to start with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the series has a bunch of side games that connect to the main story but you could probably just start with the second one and have a good idea of what happened in the first game but if you don't want to be out of the loop then just start with the first one. Both are fantastic so you can't go wrong either way

      Delete
  2. One of my friends is obsessed with this game, and I think it's a pretty legit game too

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends is obsessed with this game, and I think it's a pretty legit game too

    ReplyDelete